Monday, March 9, 2009

Introducing: 61st JEC Emi Yasukawa!


Now's time to introduce you all to a really smart, really fun JEC, Emi Yasukawa! Emi is a Keio grad and will be starting her graduate study at Hitotsubashi University in April. She answered our questionnaire earlier:

* What was your original goal/intention for attending the 60th Jasc?

- Intellectual curiosity (55%)
- Cheap trip to the states (45%)


* Now that the 60th is over, and some time has lapsed since, how much as a person do you think you have grown?

I got to understand the significance of so called "people's skill". I’m not sure about how much I've changed after JASC, but I think I started to think to meet new people is as important as following internal curiosity and reading books. I appreciate all the people I met during the conference, from friends to host family to professors.




* What kind of leader do you want to become for the 61st? In the perspective of the Japadeles? Amedeles?

- A leader who can take responsibility
- A leader who engages with delegates a lot
- A leader who do not forget to be partly delegate.


* What do you want to accomplish in the 61st? In the RT? As a person?

Discovery of something new, the experience of challenge and achievement


* Briefly describe one particular memory you had at JASC that was memorable to you.

The conversation at the beach in California, I discussed "relationship" with one of the dearest RT members. The conclusion was "mom's judgment on guys will haunt us."


* If you could describe yourself as a type of food, what would it be and why?

Chili dog.
- hot dog: classic
- chili: spicy!! >o<


* If you only had one option, which would you choose: time or money? Why?

Time; time is not recoverable, but money is recoverable


* Besides answering to the questions, what are you doing right now?

I'm at こたつ(kotatsu), about to faint.


* What is your ideal day?

A sunny day at the park with coffee, books and my music player.


* The world is ending in 24 hours. How do you want to spend your last day on Earth?

Stay with people I love, and eat whatever I want to eat (Hooray I don’t need to worry about my weight anymore! lol)


* What is an article of clothing/accessory that defines "you"?

Bags: the bigger the bag the more capable of carrying stuff.


* If you had to lose one of your 5 senses, which would you lose and why?

Smell, because I don't need to smell durians.


* Please write a brief message to the future Amedeles.

It will be the happiest moment to see American delegates and Japanese delegates meet in Tokyo....
I can't wait for the summer of 2009!!


So Emi is very excited for next year's JASCers and we are excited for next year's Amadeles to meet her too!

0 comments: