Friday, May 8, 2009

61st JASC START!

Hey guys, it's certainly been a while!

I should apologize for my lack of writing on the blog-- I am afraid that I am just not cut out for such actions. Anyway, I figured I should probably update you all on what went down in Tokyo last weekend... The start of the 61st conference activities in Japan!

From Saturday the 2nd to Monday the 4th the newly selected delegates representing Japan gathered for a series of introductions, OB meetings, informational sessions, and roundtable pre
-conference discussions. I am not entirely sure about the new delegates, but I do know that the JEC as well as Mina and I had an extremely fun time. Each of the new delegates has their own unique personality with lots of hidden secrets to be uncovered... Yesterday I learned that one of our new delegates is skilled at barking like a dog (among other things)... It's something I am looking forward to hearing this summer. Posted below for your pleasure are a serious of pictures and videos from spring camp.

Here are the RTs! Just an FYI, not everyone is pictured. Also, I may have messed up name spellings... sorry!

Globalizing Economies Roundtable
Left to Right: Yuri Takeuchi (leader), Miyuki Nozu, Ayumi Ando, and Satoshi Ibukuro



Public Interest vs. Individual Rights RT
Left to Right: Takahiro Taniguchi, Mari Nakamura, Akari Takagi and Takuma Tanaka (leader)


Educating a Global Citizenry RT
Left to Right: Tohru Omiya, Yoko Iinuma, Midori Nishino, Koji Jimba (leader)


Food Politics RT
Left to Right: Koichiro Yasukawa,Natsuki Sakata, Hiroki Takahashi, Yuna Chou, Moto Ono (leader)


International Development RT
Left to Right: Yuri Sasaoka , Yoshiko Tokuchi, Seiichiro Nakamura, Hidetoshi Tanihara


Environment and Sustainable Development RT
Left to Right: Taishi Asano, Yuri Sugimoto, Keisuke Matsuo (leader), Azusa Kato



Modernized Technology and Health Issues RT
Right to Left: Hiroka Ozawa, Yuki Umemoto, (ignore the guy in purple) Shuta Takada, Sunaho Onishi



BRICs RT Discussion!


Delegate discussion with international students!


That is all for now.

1 comments:

Karen said...

pure awesomeness.