Friday, November 7, 2008

Work Hard, Play Hard

I guess this can be considered my first official post on the JASC 61 blog... so to anyone who might happen to stumble onto this blog, nice to meet you! I guess the first thing I should do is introduce myself. My name is Fausia Mahama but please just please call me Mina. I just turned 21 ( .. huh? who would have thought )

I am a currently studying abroad in Nagoya, Japan at Nanzan University. So I'm in a similar situation as my fellow AEC JMD! I'm an Internation Business and Management major and a double minor in French and Japanese. For fun, I like to read. My current faves are Harry Potter and A Song of Ice and Fire. I like watching movies and dramas. For example, Queer as Folk or Doctor Who. And finally my fave thing to do is dance! From Hip hop to Parapara, dance is definetly my stress reliever!

I'm not much of a blogger but, when there is something fun to share, I don't mind! ^_^ So last week, I finally got my first holiday and was able to go to Tokyo for a bit! Yay. While there I had 3 mini JASC reunions!

1) Edelstein Cafe with Neal Akatsuka ( 60 JASC)
Edelstein is butler cafe in Harajuku in Tokyo! It was decorated like a German all-boys boarding school, so it was very interesting and fun!


2)Halloween night 2008
It was like having a special topics night! We discussed everything from gender and sexuality in japanese and amererican society to relationships between people of two different cultures!! The JASC spirit lives on!

Emiko ( 60 JASC): Nun
Emi( 60 JASC, 61 JEC, Nagano site co-coordinator): Devil
Neal( 60 JASC): Nurse
O-Yuri (60 JASC, 61 JEC, International Development RT Partner): Angel
Mina ( Me)
: Princess
3) Jasc Japan Headquarters
I got take a trip to JEC land for a few hours! Some of the JECs were there( Hideya, Keisuke, Yuri) as well as other JASCers like Yuichi, Tomone and Morishi! Fun times, though I went to just have relax, I ended up working a bit. JASC work never ends...
p.s JEC have like a secret tree house, i'm quite jeolous!
Mina




1 comments:

Papaya said...

omg. look at Morishi's HAIR! o.O something is very different here...Mina, you went to a butler cafe? lol you'll have to tell me about that sometime..I actually just read an article about a "rabbit cafe" in Nagoya...where you go, drink tea, and get to pet cute little bunnies...kinda like therapy dogs. you should check it out! XD