Monday, January 5, 2009

Introducing ♬TAKUMA♬

It is my honor and pleasure to introduce to you one of the members of our illustrious JEC:


Name: Takuma Tanaka (田中豪)
Age: 20
School: University of Tokyo
RT: Public Interest Vs. Individual Rights (with Ed!)
Hobbies: Sports, juggling (!!!), being awesome

***

Some questions and answers to help you get to know Takuma better:

What was your original goal/intention for attending the 60th JASC?

Honestly speaking, my original intention was visiting the U.S., which
was my first time, or looking for my partner through my life because
JASC is also know as JAMC, Japan-America Marriage Conference :P

( ♥ Takuma with Moto Ono, JEC leader of Food RT! ♥ )

Now that the 60th is over, and some time has lapsed since, how much
as a person do you think you have grown?

During the conference I became twenty. Before the conference I was not
allowed to drink in Japan....but after coming back to Japan....I
was!!! I do not like alcohol so much, though.

What kind of leader do you want to become for the 61st? In the perspective of the Japadeles? Amedeles?

A typhoon of smile and Tsunami of laughter~♪
I never let the delegates feel sad or lonely (^-^)

(Takuma with Koji Jimba, JEC leader of Education RT!)

What do you want to accomplish in the 61st? In the RT? As a person?

I would like to achieve perfect equal participation of the Japanese
delegates, including me, in the RT discussion in English.

(Takuma with Ed Phillips, his RT partner, and Masato Morishima, a 60th delegate, on a bus in Portland!)

Briefly describe one particular memory you had at JASC that was
memorable to you.

I and Yukio, who is a 60th Japanese Executive Committee, were
celebrated on our birthday, 7th of August, in Los Angeles!

If you could describe yourself as a type of food, what would it be and why?

bamboo sprout, which is bitter but healthy.

If you only had one option, which would you choose: time or money? why?

I would choose time because time cannot be bought with money but money
can be made with time....I would like to get both :P

Besides answering to the questions, what are you doing right now?

I just finished eating my lunch, Japanese noodle UDON.

What is your ideal day?

I see the sun rising from the horizon in the morning, walk around in
the nature in the afternoon and sleep under the beautiful Milky way at
night.

(Takuma with Colin Moreshead, our beloved AEC chair. This is the JASCiest picture ever.)

The world is ending in 24 hours. How do you want to spend your last
day on Earth?

I would lead a life as usual.

If you had to lose one of your 5 senses, which would you lose and why?

I love foods so much that I cannot lose my tongue.
I love books so much that I cannot lose my eye.
I love music so much that I cannot lose my ear.
so maybe sense of smell or touch....?
Which would be better to lose?
but.... without sense of touch, I could not even walk along the beach
safely with bare foot because I could not notice even if I lose
blood...
so I would lose sense of smell (>_<)

Please write a brief message to the future Amedeles.

JASC is not a purpose but a means. If you find something good in JASC
which is useful to achieve your goals, I would like to recommend you
to participate!

***

And finally, watch Takuma demonstrate his dramatic and acrobatic skills in a skit from the 60th JASC:



(The narrator was played by Miss Yuri Takeuchi, our JEC vice-chair, and the CEO was played by Mr. Hideya Matsumoto, our JEC chair!)

1 comments:

Junior student in Tokyo said...

oh...it is me....
Thank you Rachel!!